Upmarket plastic Membership / Access Cards. Design & Printing available.
If a minimum amount of cards is required for your choice combination, we will quote you to the closest number of cards according to your quote request.
WHY PLASTIC SMART CARDS?
The first main advantage of smart cards is their flexibility. There is no need to carry several cards: one card can simultaneously be an ID card, credit card, stored-value cash card and a repository of personal information.
The second main advantage is security. Smart cards can be electronic key rings, giving the bearer ability to access information and physical places without need for online connections.
General benefits of Smart Cards are:
• Portability – Can easily be integrated into almost any system.
• Increasing data storage capacity – Can carry much more data than magnetic strip or barcode encoding.
• Reliability – Virtually unaffected by electrical and magnetic fields.
• High Security – Can only be read and written to if access is granted (PIN or Biometric).
- Hot foiling - Add some bling to your card, with a range of foil colors
- UV Print - Unique florescent ink, which is only visible under UV lights
- Magnetic Stripe & Encoding - Available in HiCo or LoCo and has up to three tracks to encode your data
- Signature Panel - Offering standard and custom signature panels. Normal white or patterned strips
- Barcode / QR Code - Different combinations of bars and spaces are used to encode characters into bar codes. For QR code’s this type of barcode can be decoded using a smartphone with a QR code reader
- Security Hologram - Holographic film fused over your card with a 3 dimensional image, for high security applications
- Numbering & Embossing - Think of the raised numbers and letters on your credit card (We only do embossing on letters and numbers). Guidelines document can be requested.
- Variable Data & Personalisation - Individually personalisation on cards, either text, numbers or photos
- Technology Cards - Contactless / Contact Chip / Mifare and Combination Cards
- Special Die Cut Shapes - Shape cutouts that makes your cards look more unique and interesting
- Hole Punching - Slot Punch With Lapel Clip Or Lanyard
- Card Pouches / Holders - Making a gift card look even more special and professional.
- Guilloche - A design element built using a combination of thin, fine lines which are superimposed in such a ways that the final result is visually pleasing and informative. Mechanical copies lose the fine-line structure of the original, helping with anti-counterfeiting. It can be found a lot on money bills.
- Micro Text Print - Text that is so small it is invisible to the naked eye. Microprint Text is frequently hidden in an inconspicuous, unnoticeable area on the card.
POPULAR CHOICES FOR SMART CARDS
Tamper-proof Government ID cards play a critical role in high- security. Security features on the card can include high quality photo ID, UV, guilloche and micro text printing.
- Photo Personalization & UV Print
- Guilloche and Micro Text Print
- Signature Panel
National Drivers Licence Card
Printing a high quality, secure, durable ID card has to be one of the highest secure cards. The fundamental principle of designing a High Security card, is layered security and the use of multiple security features.
- Photo Personalization, with UV print
- Biometrics print; fingerprint recognition
- Security Hologram / Overlay
- Single or Dual chip technology
Schools, Colleges and Event Companies are moving to a fully comprehensive secure cashless management system, using a cashless, card-based system for all payment transactions.
- ID photo of the student on the NFC card
- Colour Single or Dual sided print
- Access cards for Events / functions
- QR code, to link to mobile devises
IF YOU PROVIDE YOUR OWN ARTWORK, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
- Correct card size: 85.6mm x 54mm excl bleed
- 1.5 mm bleed all around
- 3 mm safe zone (no text near the edges)
- Fonts embedded /outlined /converted to curves
- CMYK colours and not RGB (RGB will result in colour differences)
- Good quality images and graphics (anything above 300dpi is great, Vectors even better)
Hole Punching: There are two styles of punches available in three locations of the card. Please allow space in your layout for the punch or crucial information will be lost from your card. The punches can be placed in the centre of the long or short side, placed 5mm from the edge of the card, or in the corner 5mm from the long edge and 7mm from the short edge of the card.
Magnetic Stripe: Please allow for placement of the magnetic stripe 5mm from the top of the card. The stripe is 12.5mm tall. You do not need to add a black box to your artwork, but should allow for it’s placement. Signature panels: Standard panels can be placed 3mm or lower from the magnetic stripe. There are three sizes in our Standard Range, with custom panels also available. • Large panel is 84 x 10mm, • Full length panel is 75mm x 7mm, • Short length is 48mm x 7mm.
Embossing: Embossed (or raised) letters are available in a size 12 or 16 point, with a maximum of 25 characters per line (including spaces). There are 3 different foil colours for embossing, Black, Silver and Gold. We recommend no more than 3 lines of embossing to reduce warping. Alphanumeric characters are ideal. A select number of characters are available including . (full stop) & (ampersands) , (comma) /(forward slash) ‘(apostrophe) - (hyphen)